Users need to have sufficient permission while opening the company file in QuickBooks. Not having enough permission can lead to QuickBooks error 80070057. The error often comes up on the screen with a message, “Error 80070057: The parameter is incorrect.” Opening the company file in an incorrect way can also trigger error code 80070057. The next section of the blog contains more causes behind the error. If you are also dealing with the same, follow the complete article carefully for quick fixation steps.
For the times when you need immediate assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 80070057, talk to certified QuickBooks professionals by dialing +1 800-579-9430.
Reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Desktop error 80070057
Go through the list of causes given below that trigger the error:
- QuickBooks user opting for an incorrect method to open the company file.
- The company file user trying to access is missing from the computer.
- Windows firewall programs installed on the system are restricting QuickBooks from opening the company file.
- Incorrect or partial installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- The company file user is trying to open stored on an external device.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 6129
Quick Fixes for QuickBooks error code 80070057
Solution 1. Opt a correct way to open the company file
- Move to your Windows desktop, double-click the QuickBooks icon to open it.
- Select the company file you want to open and click Open.
Solution 2. Get new release of QuickBooks Desktop
Go through the steps given below to download the latest QuickBooks update and open the program as an administrator:
- If open, close QuickBooks files and then exit the program.
- Select the Windows Start menu, right-click the QuickBooks icon and select Run as administrator to run QuickBooks with admin privileges.
- When you see the No Company Open screen, select the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the Options menu, click Mark All and then the Save button.
- Click the Update Now tab, select to checkmark the Reset Update checkbox, and click Get Updates.
- When the update finishes, start QuickBooks again and install the update.
- Reboot your system after completing the installation and try to open the company file again.
Solution 3. Change the name of .ND file to resolve the error manually
- Move to the location where all your company files are saved and search for the .ND file.
- Once you find the file, right-click it and select the Rename option.
- Rename the .nd file by adding .old after the file extension.
- If you are running QuickBooks in multi-user mode, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer and install it.
- Select Network Issues and then QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Install QuickBooks on your host computer if it is not installed already and open the server manager.
- If your company file folder is displayed, click Start Scan. If not displayed, click Browse to locate the file.
- After locating the file, click Start Scan and then Close.
If you can’t resolve QuickBooks error 80070057 on your own, dial +1 800-579-9430 and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team. They will guide you with advanced troubleshooting for resolving the error.
Related article :- QuickBooks error 6190