Printers are an essential gadget for the office and home. Now printers are getting fast and robust. Several printer brands and models are available now. The new printer offers multi-platform connectivity. You can also connect a printer to the network using WPS. It allows the printer to get connected to the network directly.
Canon mg3600 connect to Wifi via WPS
For a WPS connection, your router requires a physical WPS pin. Check the router for the pin. Also, the network must be WPA secured. Not all printer devices have wireless connectivity features. Check the printer’s specification and then try to pair it.
- Go to the printer and press the power button
- Hold the printer’s Wi-Fi button until the lamp starts blinking
- Release the button and check the router
- Enable the WPS button immediately
Your printer will start searching the available networks. Go to the printer screen and check the network’s name. Select the correct SSID for the connection. Once the printer gets paired, the Wi-Fi lamp will remain lit. You must check the network settings after connection.
Go to the printer and take the printout of network settings. In the printout, check the SSID and connection status. SSID indicates your network name and status must be active. If the details are correct then your printer is linked to the network. Now you can send print jobs and take printouts.
Install the printer driver
When the printer is in a network, you can use it from devices that are on the same network. You have to go to the Add Devices tab and add your printer device. But the printer needs a driver to communicate. You have to install the driver on your device for taking the printers. Check for the disc you got with the printer. In case you can’t use the CD then get the printer driver from the web. Firstly, go to the printer and check its model number.
Now open the printer’s website and search for the related driver. Before downloading the setup, check the driver’s resource requirements. Install the driver which is compatible with the device. After installation, restart the system and go to the Add Device page.
Now click on Add Printer and the device will start searching for nearby printers. On the printers’ list, click on the required printer for connection. Now open the document and take the printout easily.
Using standard printer connection method
When the WPS service is not available then you can use the printer’s standard connection method. But you can use the standard connection method only when you have the correct printer driver. Check the CD for the driver. Or, download the printer’s setup from the web. Now go to the printer driver and start the configuration.
- Click on printer driver
- The setup will start running
- On the initial screen, choose Next
- You will get a printer connection page; choose Wireless LAN connection
- On Wireless LAN Connection method; select Access Point Connection
- Check the printer to ensure that it is ON
- The printer driver may start searching for already connected printers
- When connecting the printer for the first time; click on Setting printer could not be found on the list
- The setup guide will start installing on the device
- Choose Next on the Printer Setup page
- On Setup Procedure selection, click on Cableless Setup
- Connection via Cableless setup page will appear
- Go to the printer and press its Wi-Fi button
- The printer lamp will start blinking
- Choose Next button and connection via Cableless Setup page will appear
- Tap the next button and setting Up wizard will appear
- Your network connection may get disabled temporarily
- Connection completed wizard will be displayed
- Choose the Place of Residence and Language
- On EULA, choose Yes and wait to complete the installation
Now select the Redetect option and the device will start searching the printer again. Choose the printer for creating the connection. After connection, your PC will show a Cableless Setup page. Check the Model name and SSID. When the pieces of information are correct, select the Complete option. Now go to the files and open a document to print. Check the available printers and select the required printer. Make changes on print depending on the requirements and now take the printouts reliably.