Want to download the new payroll updates but fail to do so because of QuickBooks error 15270? If yes, then let us promise you that this post will tell everything that needs to be done in this case. You might see a warning message on the computer screen, stating, “The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.” Make sure to read this post until the end to understand the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 15270 and the troubleshooting solutions that you can follow to rectify it. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s begin.
For immediate guidance to fix QuickBooks error 15270, feel free to get in contact with our QuickBooks officials at +1-855-856-0042.
Why does a user encounter QuickBooks error code 15270?
QuickBooks error code 15270 is often caused when QuickBooks Desktop fails to get the new payroll updates because the previous ones are corrupt. Though, numerous other reasons can cause it, such as follows:
- The background processes on the computer are troubling the QuickBooks Desktop’s working.
Also go through this guide: QuickBooks Display Issues
What should you do to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15270?
Solution 1- Get an entire payroll update in QuickBooks
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and restart it after that.
- If the QuickBooks Update Service window shows up, select Install Later.
- Click on the Help menu on the command bar.
- Pick the option named ‘Update QuickBooks’ from the drop-down menu.
- Pick the Update Now tab given on the Update QuickBooks window.
- Checkmark the checkbox in front of Reset Updates.
- Click on the option named ‘Get Updates’ and then hit the OK button.
- When the Get Updates button gets active and the message “Update Complete” appears below, restart your computer.
- Select Install Now when the QuickBooks Update Service window appears.
- Click on the Employees menu on the command bar.
- Select the option named ‘Get Payroll Updates.’
- Make sure to select Download the entire payroll update and then press the Update button.
If you still see QuickBooks error 15270, move on to the second solution.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks network connection error
Solution 2- End the unnecessary background processes with Quick Fix my Program
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop on your computer first.
- Get the brand-new version (22.214.171.124) of QuickBooks Tool Hub from the web page of Intuit.
- Click twice on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file (the installation file you got above).
- Do as per the instructions you notice on-screen to install QuickBooks Tool Hub and accept the terms & conditions.
- Click twice on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on the computer screen.
- Select the Program Problems panel at the left bar.
- Choose the option titled ‘Quick Fix my Program,’
- Let the tool end the background processes troubling QuickBooks. When it is finished, start QuickBooks Desktop.
- See whether you can get the new payroll updates now.
Also see: QuickBooks Error 6176
If you cannot fix QuickBooks error 15270 after going through the troubleshooting solutions explained above, then Internet Explorer is possibly not set as the default browser on your computer. Hence, we advise you to set Internet Explorer to be the default browser on your computer and then try to download the payroll updates. You can also take additional guidance to resolve QuickBooks error code 15270 by contacting our QuickBooks troubleshooters at +1-855-856-0042.