Did your automatic windows update fail? Learn to configure windows 7 updates troubleshoot and fix the issue instantly!
Usually, windows applications, drivers, and software update themselves. The process of updates starts automatically and works silently in the background. Thus, Windows downloads the files and installs them automatically.
However, instances of failure in windows are expected when the cycle breaks. In such a situation, you can try Windows update 7 troubleshooting. Hence, don’t worry! We have got you covered. Here is how to fix it.
The windows troubleshooter is a featured tool in windows. It finds and fixes windows update issues.
Fix Windows 7 Updates Failed With A Troubleshooter
Windows updates can fail in Windows 7, 8, or 10. A windows troubleshooter can help you fix the stuck updates in such a situation.
Further, it will also make some changes to your system. These are as follows:
- Windows troubleshooter turns off the windows update services.
- Then, it changes the name C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.old. The following steps clear out the windows update download cache.
- Windows troubleshooter restarts the windows update services.
Therefore follow the steps Windows 7 update troubleshoot mentioned here:
- First, head to the start button.
- Then select the button, and in the search bar, enter ‘troubleshoot.’
- From the listed options, select troubleshooting.
- Next, choose the option Fix problems with Windows Updates.
- From the windows update troubleshooting window, click Advanced.
- Then, checkmark the option Apply repairs automatically.
- Next, click “Run as an administrator,” following the option Next.
- Wait until it detects any updates for windows.
- If it shows any error, follow the on-screen instructions of the troubleshooter to fix them.
Nonetheless, if the troubleshooter doesn’t help fix the problem you can install the updates manually. For that, move to the next solution.. . . . . . . .
Install Windows Updates Manually
Try to install the windows updates manually. Here are the following steps to download and install the windows updates manually, Follow them correctly and you will get rid of the windows 7 won’t update issue.
- Tap on the start button.
- Type‘ information’ in the search bar.
- From the list, select ‘system information.’
- Now, note down the value of System type from the new window.
- Then, open the control panel.
- From here, select the option View Update History.
- Note down all the update code that failed.
- Now, head to the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- From here, search for the update code that failed.
- In the search result, you will get different Download options. Click on the one that matches your system.
- Once selected, click on the link to download the update.
- Finally, double-click on the downloaded file and follow on-screen instructions to install the updates.
We hope the guide on configuring Windows 7 won’t update troubleshoot has helped you fix the issue. The troubleshooter is a helpful feature of Windows that helps you find and fix the update error. However, consult with an expert if you are still facing the problem even after running the windows troubleshooter. Our experts are available 24*7 also from anywhere as we serve remote assistance to everyone.