This article will talk about QuickBooks error 6000 77, which falls under the 6xxx series of QuickBooks errors and occurs when a user tries opening a company file in QuickBooks Desktop. An error description appears on the desktop screen, which displays, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem.” Below in this article, you will get to know the factors owing to which the error arises and the ways to fix it in a detailed manner.
For immediate guidance to get over QuickBooks error 6000 77, don’t hesitate to speak with our QuickBooks support team at +1-855-856-0042.
What causes QuickBooks Desktop error 6000 77?
The primary factor behind the issue is the damaged configuration files (the . ND and TLG files). There are different reasons also that can cause it, such as follows:
- Failure of QuickBooks Desktop to find the company file on your server system.
You may also like to read: QuickBooks Error H303
What are the ways to fix QuickBooks error 6000 77 safely?
Solution 1- Manually rename the damaged configuration files on your server
- On your server system, select the Windows icon.
- In the search box, type “File Explorer” and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Go to the folder where your company files are located. The company files are located in the QuickBooks folder, which you can open by following the command “C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks.”
- Spot the file with the same title as your company file but with the.ND extension and click right on it.
- In the list of options, choose Rename.
- At the last file name, add the text “.old.”
- Similarly, rename the file with the.TLG extension.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop and verify if you can open your company file.
If you get the following error again, follow the next solution.
Solution 2- Manually open your company file in QuickBooks Desktop
- Click the right icon of QuickBooks Desktop.
- On your keyboard, press down the Control key, and after that, choose Run as administrator from the options. Until you see the No Company Open screen, don’t let go of the Control key.
- On the No Company Open screen, navigate the File menu.
- From the drop-down list, choose the Open or Restore Company option.
- After that, select the Open a company file option and the Next button.
- Choose the Network option located at the left pane.
- Go to the place where your company file is stored.
- In the folder, find your company file and select it.
- Click on the Open option.
If you are continuing to see the error then you must immediately connect with our QuickBooks Pro Advisors who can resolve your issue within minutes.
We hope you will be able to fix QuickBooks error 6000 77 with the help of the above troubleshooting solutions. If the response is no, your company file is possibly corrupted or damaged. So, our advice for you is to fix your company file using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. For additional troubleshooting guidance to fix QuickBooks Desktop error 6000 77, you can speak with our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042. They have years of expertise and will get rid of this error for you in a couple of seconds.