Printer devices are getting advanced and offering better speed and print quality. Now you can use one printer for taking printouts of different sizes of paper. You can also get printouts of photographs. Now you can configure the printing machine with phone devices also. You can use the wireless connection for adding printers to the phone devices. The user can also share his printer on the network. Adding a printer to wifi the network. Allows the user to access the printer from several devices.
You can connect the printer to Wifi using the WPS method. When your router has a physical WPS pin, you can easily connect the printer without a standard method. It allows devices to connect directly. You can connect your printer like any other device. For the printer connection, your network must have WPA2 security.
- Turn on the printer device
- Press the Wi-Fi button until it gets orange
- Release the button and the blue lamp will start flashing
- Check the router and press the WPS pin immediately
The blue Wi-Fi light will flash until the printer finds the network. When the printer finds the network; the lamp will remain lit. After the printer connection, you can take a printout of the network setting page.
Turn on the printer and load pages on the input tray
Press and hold the Cancel button until the alarm lamp blinks 15 times. Now release the button and your printer will print the network information page. On the printout check the Connection and SSID. The connection should indicate “Active” and SSID must be showing your connection’s name. When the printer gets connected to the WiFi; you can connect your PC or phone device to the network and access the printer.
Install the printer driver on your PC
When you add your printer to the network; you can access it from various devices. Connect your PC to the same Wi-Fi network and add the printer. But the printer will only take the commands when you have its software. Printers require a driver for communicating with the commanding device. You can find the printer software on the received CD or web. Open the printer’s website and search for the driver for your model. Download and install the driver on your system. After installing the printer’s driver, add the printer to your device.
- Go to the Start button and tap on Settings
- Choose Devices and hit on Printers & Scanners
- Tap on Add a Printer
- Your device will start searching the printer
- Select the printer name and click on Add device
After adding the printer, open the document and press Ctrl+P. The print wizard will appear; make required changes. Your printer will start printing your document.
Connecting printer to Android devices
You can only connect the printer to an Android device wirelessly when it is a Wi-Fi-certified product. For accessing the printer from Android, you need a printer driver. You can install the printer software from the Play store. Make sure your printer is compatible with your Android version. Check the Android OS version. Go to About device and check the details.
- Open play store and search for printer driver
- Install the driver on your phone
- Go to the printer settings page
- Enable the Wi-Fi
- On the printer, load pages on the input tray
- Go to the printer screen and check the menu button
- Select Wi-Fi settings and tap on the OK button
- Use the arrow button and select Connection Settings
- Check the name of your printer device
- You can also rename the printer using the Edit Text option
- Use the arrow button and select the Direct Connection method
- You will see SSID and Password on the screen
- Go to the phone device and open Wi-Fi settings
- You will see the printer name on the list
- Select the Printer and enter the password
After connecting the printer, go to the Canon driver and register your printer. After registering the printer, choose the print type. Now select the image or document from your phone device. Tap on the Print option and you will see Busy status on the screen. After the connection, the printer will receive the command and start printing the document. You can also use Google Cloud Print for taking printouts from Android devices. For iOS, you can use the AirPrint and take printouts easily.