Want to work with QuickBooks Desktop but fail to do so because of QuickBooks error C 224? If yes, then we promise you that this article will prove very useful to you in this situation. Going through this article until the end will help you understand what QuickBooks error code C 224 is about and how to rectify it with complete safety. So, hurry up; you have a lot to learn.
For immediate troubleshooting guidance on fixing QuickBooks error C 224, freely contact our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.
What can be the reasons behind QuickBooks error code C 224?
Data corruption on the QuickBooks company file is the most apparent reason behind QuickBooks error code C 224. Though other reasons can also be behind it, such as:
- QuickBooks Desktop is too outdated to perform the needed actions.
Read this short guide if you are facing the QuickBooks Error 103
What are the troubleshooting procedures for QuickBooks error C 224?
Procedure 1- Repair your company file by using the QuickBooks Verify/Rebuild Data tools
- Exit all the open screens on your computer first.
- Then open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the File menu on the command bar.
- Hover over the option named ‘Utilities’ in the drop-down menu.
- Then click on the option named ‘Verify Data.’
- If the tool throws the message “Your data has lost integrity” in the result, move ahead to Rebuild Data.
- Go to the File menu again.
- Choose the option named ‘Utilities’ from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on the option named ‘Rebuild Data.’
- When QuickBooks notifies you to backup your company file, click on the OK button.
- Do as per the steps you see on your computer screen to back up the company file. Now, the Rebuild Data utility will start.
- When the tool throws the message “Rebuild has completed,” press the OK button.
- Afterward, check whether you can do the required tasks.
If this problem still occurs, go to the second procedure.
You may also read: QuickBooks online not working with chrome
Procedure 2- Manually get the most recent QuickBooks Desktop updates
- Verify your QuickBooks Desktop and company files are closed.
- Pick the Windows Start icon on the left end of the taskbar.
- Enter “QuickBooks Desktop” in the search column.
- Then click right on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select the option named ‘Run as administrator.’
- Select the Help menu and then the option named ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop.’
- On the Update QuickBooks window, select the Options tab.
- Click on the option named ‘Mark All’ and then press the Save button.
- Select the Update Now tab. Then select the checkbox in front of Reset Update.
- When you are ready to download the new QuickBooks Desktop updates, select the option named ‘Get Updates.’
- Shut off QuickBooks Desktop and then open it again.
- To install the downloaded QuickBooks Desktop updates, press the Yes button.
- Restart your computer after updating QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop afterward and see if you are able to do the needed tasks.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 1612
Even after implementing the above two troubleshooting procedures, if you cannot rectify QuickBooks error C 224, then we suggest you instantly speak with our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042 for further guidance on resolving it.