QuickBooks Desktop comes with many features and tools which facilitate the task of handling everyday business activities. It not only helps companies ensure their sound financial health but also saves them a lot of time. However, in spite of being such an outstanding bookkeeping application, QuickBooks Desktop is not secure from errors and bugs. This post aims to talk about QuickBooks error 15101, which falls under the 15xxx category errors of QuickBooks and takes place when a user tries updating QuickBooks Desktop or payroll. Reading this post will tell you the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 15101 and their troubleshooting ways.
If you want to instantly get over QuickBooks error 15101, feel free to speak with our QuickBooks technical team at +1-855-856-0042.
What are the reasons that trigger QuickBooks error code 15101?
The followings are the reasons due to which QuickBooks error code 15101 often occurs:
- The background processes on the computer are troubling the QuickBooks Desktop’s functioning.
- Security configuration of the Internet Explorer is wrong, due to which QuickBooks is unable to access the internet.
How can you get over QuickBooks error 15101?
Solution 1- End the unnecessary background processes on your computer
- Close all the QuickBooks Desktop windows.
- Open the site of Intuit and download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the recently released version (188.8.131.52) available there.
- Launch the downloaded setup file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Then implement the instructions mentioned on-screen and accept the terms & conditions to finish the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s installation.
- Hit the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon two times.
- Select the Program Problems tab given on the left pane.
- Choose Quick Fix my Program to run the tool.
- Keep patience until the tool finishes terminating the background processes interrupting QuickBooks.
- When the tool finishes, open QuickBooks Desktop and see if you are able to update it.
If you encounter QuickBooks error 15101 again, follow the next solution.
Also see this short blog: QuickBooks multi-user mode not working
Solution 2- Manually set right the security configuration of the Internet Explorer
- On your computer, launch Internet Explorer first.
- Unfold the Tools menu by hitting the Alt key on your keyboard.
- Then click Internet Options in the drop-down.
- Choose the Delete option given on the General tab.
- Click on the Temporary Internet files option, and after that, choose the Delete option.
- Move to the Connections tab and then click on the LAN settings button.
- Confirm that the Automatically Detect Settings option is selected.
- If you don’t use Proxy servers, make sure to clear them.
- Hit the OK button two times.
- Move to the Advanced tab.
- Make sure the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 options are selected.
- If the Check for publisher’s certificate checkbox is selected, clear it.
- On the same Advanced tab, scroll down to the bottom.
- Make sure to select the TLS 1.2 option.
- If the TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 checkboxes are selected, clear them.
If you cannot rectify QuickBooks error 15101 with the help of the above two troubleshooting solutions, then the Windows Firewall is probably blocking QuickBooks Desktop from accessing the internet. Hence, we advise you to make the Windows Firewall’s security settings compatible with QuickBooks. You can also take further support removing QuickBooks error code 15101 by speaking with our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.