For parents who want to live in Australia with their children, they will need to apply for a Parent Visa. This visa allows parents to live in Australia permanently as long as they have a child who is either an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of the country. There are several different types of Parent Visas, each with their own requirements. In this blog post, we will explore the requirements for an Australian Parent Visa.
Parent Category Visa
There are a number of requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for an Australian Parent Visa. These requirements include:
– being the parent of a child who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident
– being aged 55 years or over
– meeting the balance of family test
– having an Assurance of Support from an eligible sponsor
– meeting health and character requirements.
Contributory Parent Category Visa
The Contributory Parent Category Visa is for parents who are willing to make a significant financial contribution to the Australian economy. To be eligible, parents must:
– Be aged 55 or over
– Have a child who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident
– Meet the balance of family test
– Be able to provide evidence of their relationship with their child
– Meet health and character requirements
Aged Parent Category Visa
An Australian Parent Visa allows the parents of an Australian citizen or permanent resident to live in Australia indefinitely. There are two types of parent visas:
1. The Contributory Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 143)
2. The Non-contributory Parent visa (subclass 153)
To be eligible for a subclass 143 visa, applicants must be sponsored by their child who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident, and must have an Assurance of Support. Applicants must also meet health and character requirements, and must be aged 65 or over.
Remaining Relative Visa
If you are the last remaining relative in Australia of a settled parent, you may be eligible for a Remaining Relative Visa. This visa allows you to live permanently in Australia with your parents. To be eligible for this visa, you must:
-Be aged 18 years or over
-Be the child of a settled Australian citizen or permanent resident
-Have no other close relatives (siblings, children, grandchildren, uncles, aunts, etc.) living in Australia
-Be sponsored by your parent
-Meet health and character requirements
Career Category Visa
If you are looking to relocate to Australia with your children in tow, then you will likely need to apply for a Parent Visa. There are a few different types of Parent Visas available, and the specific requirements will depend on which category you fall into.
One common type of Parent Visa is the Career Category Visa. This type of visa is designed for those who have primary responsibility for the care of either:
– A child under the age of 18 who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident; or
– A disabled adult child who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
To be eligible for a Career Category Visa, you must be able to demonstrate that you are able to provide adequate care for your dependent child or children. This includes being able to provide for their physical and emotional needs, as well as any special medical requirements they may have. You will also need to show that you have a strong support network in place in Australia, as well as sufficient financial resources to cover the costs of relocating and living in Australia.
Visit For More Articles on : investedor.com