While downloading QuickBooks Desktop and payroll updates, users sometimes come across QuickBooks error 12007. It is a payroll update error that comes up when QuickBooks can’t connect to the internet while downloading the latest updates. The error shows up on the screen with a message displaying, “A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.” Some other reasons behind the error are given in the next section of the blog. Keep reading the blog until the end for troubleshooting solutions to resolve the error.
If you are looking for technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 12007, reach out to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our customer support number +1 800-579-9430
Reasons behind the appearance of QuickBooks error code 12007
It is crucial to understand what gives rise to the error before implementing solutions to fix it:
1. Internet Explorer and firewall settings block QuickBooks from accessing the server.
2. The SSL settings are misconfigured, and you need to reset them.
3. Server timeout is stopping QuickBooks from downloading the complete update.
4. Your device is having some internet-related issues.
Read more :- QuickBooks error h505
Fixing QuickBooks payroll update error 12007 with tested methods
Follow the troubleshooting methods given below in correct order to eliminate the error:
Method 1. Set up Internet Explorer as the default browser on your computer
1. Close QuickBooks, open Internet Explorer and move to its upper right corner.
2. Click the Gear icon or Tools menu, choose Internet Options and go to the Programs tab.
3. From the Default Web Browser section, click the Make Default button and then OK.
Method 2. Check the configuration settings of Internet Explorer
1. Close QuickBooks Desktop, locate, and double-click the Internet Explorer icon to open it.
2. Click to the Tools menu, choose Internet Options and move to the Security tab.
3. Click the Globe icon and ensure the security level is not higher than Medium-high.
4. Go to the Connections tab, select the Never Dial a Connection option if you do not use the dial-up node (DUN) on the computer.
5. If you use the dial-up node (DUN), select the correct ISP and click OK.
5. Click LAN settings and select the automatically detect settings option.
6. Check whether the Use a Proxy Server checkbox is selected or clear.
7. If the Use a Proxy Server checkbox is selected, document the complete address and port.
8. If the port is other than port 80, do not uncheck the Use a Proxy server option.
9. Clear the option for testing purposes if the port is port 80 and click OK.
10. Click the Advanced tab, choose the Restore Advanced Settings, and click Settings.
11. Next, verify if the Use TLS 1.2 option is selected and click OK.
12. Close the Internet Explorer window, restart your computer, and open QuickBooks Desktop.
14. Now, try to download and install the update again.
If you are unable to resolve QuickBooks error 12007 on your own, consult the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430. They will help you resolve the issue with advanced troubleshooting techniques.