If your Epson printer is giving you an error code of 0x97 during printing, you might be wondering why the Epson printer error 0x97 appears when you print a job from your computer. Continue reading to the end. We have several troubleshooting steps that you can use to fix this error on your own.
Epson printers are highly respected and widely used around the globe for their quality print. However, Epson users who have been using them for a long time reported that an error code of 0x97 often occurs when Epson devices are being printed.
This code is displayed on the printer indicator and gives up the warning to turn the Epson printer on or off again. This error causes the printer to stop printing immediately. This error can be caused by problems with the printer’s internal hardware. While any printer problem can only be fixed by someone with technical knowledge, there are steps that anyone can take to resolve it.
These methods can be used to troubleshoot Epson Printer Error Code 0x97:
(1) – Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter:
To resolve this Epson error, the user should first try Microsoft’s printer Troubleshooting Tool. You may be asked to unplug or couple the printer multiple times while you follow this troubleshooting procedure. After starting the troubleshooter, the user should be certain to follow all instructions. You can download the Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter by following these steps:
- Click the link to visit the website.
- This troubleshooter can be downloaded and installed quickly on your Windows computer.
- Follow the prompts to fix printer error 0x97
The user manual is also available in the Epson printer package. The manual will help you to identify the problem and provide possible solutions.
(2) – Use of Unplug & Plug-in Mechanisms:-
The Epson printer will display the error code 0x97 when it detects the problem. First, unplug your printer from the power source and then plug it back into the power supply. These are the steps to follow to complete this process.
- Unplug any cables or USB that are attached to the Epson printer.
- If possible, open the upper or back section of your printer to remove any paper jams.
- Remove the cartridges from your printer and store them in a safe place.
- Connect all USBs and power cables to the printer.
- Finally, turn on your Epson printer.
(3) – Use a moist tissue to clean your Printer:-
Error code 0x97 may also occur if the printer is dirty due to excessive dust buildup.
Other factors include paper particles in the roller, waste ink around the head sprayer, and unwanted elements inside the printer. It is highly recommended that you clean your printer with moist, wet tissue. Here are some tips to clean your printer.
- Your Epson printer should be turned off
- Take care to open the casing of your printer.
- Take a towel and wet it with warm water.
Clean up all internal parts of the printer, including the mechanic pad, and any other sensitive areas. After cleaning, remove the tissue and wait 15 minutes. Next, remove the tissue and wait for 15 minutes before assembling the printer.
Epson Printer Customer Support
If the problem persists after you have followed the steps above, please call Epson Printer Support immediately for assistance. In a matter of minutes, Epson printer support technicians can resolve your issue.
Also Read: How To Bring Brother Printer Back to Online?