The moment you come up with the QuickBooks error 6175, the following alert message displays on your screen that says, ”QuickBooks is trying to access the company file, but the database is not responding”. It is a common technical glitch that pops up when you try to switch your company file in a multi-user mode. To help you get rid of this issue, we have curated this article and explained some effective yet quick debugging methods. In addition, this detailed article also describes some common reasons due to which the issue pops up. Make sure to give it a read till the end.
Are you having trouble rectifying the QuickBooks company file error 6175? Then immediately have a one-to-one conversation with the team of certified QuickBooks professionals for instant guidance by dialing our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
What Causes the Company File Error 6175 to Arise?
If you are wondering what could be the reasons that can trigger the problem, then look at the points mentioned below-
- The incorrect host settings in any of the workstations can give rise to this issue.
- You must check for the hosting configuration in the server computer as it might be incurring some issue due to which you face the problem.
You may read also : QuickBooks Company File In Use Error
What are the Top Two Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 6175?
Have you been trying to get rid of the issue but unable to find a suitable troubleshooting method? Do not get worried. We are here to help you. Take reference from the following two solutions to completely debug it-
SOLUTION 1: Verify the Hosting Configuration on Each Workstation
- Start the verification process by launching QuickBooks on your Windows desktop.
- Move to the ‘File’ menu and place the cursor on ‘Utilities’.
- If the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option is available, then you must check the next workstation as the current workstation is not causing the issue.
- Keep performing the same process on every computer except the server.
- After you see the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option on a system, click on it to fix the problem.
SOLUTION 2: Check For the Hosting Settings on the Host Computer
- Go to your server computer and start the QuickBooks Desktop.
- In the following window, tap on the ‘File’ menu and move to the ‘Utilities’ option.
- Once you see the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option, hit it and follow the same instruction again.
- After that, in the next process, click on the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option.
- By doing it, the multi-user mode will be reset.
- In the end, perform the process again to choose the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option.
We would like to end the blog here. After going through this content, we hope you can resolve the QuickBooks error 6175 properly. Our experts have experimented with these given solutions and claimed to be the most appropriate methods to fix them; thus, if you are stuck in between while troubleshooting, dial 1.855.738.2891 to speak to one of our professionals.
You may also read this blog : Terminate QuickBooks Error 3030 With Pro Methods