Company file errors in QuickBooks can be quite troubling. As there are a plethora of data file issues, in this blog, we will specifically discuss the QuickBooks error 6190 and 816. The technical issue majorly comes up when you try to open the data file. It even pops up with a warning message, stating, “Error 6190 816: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. As a result, have a look at this article completely for a detailed understanding.
To clear out all your questions about the QuickBooks company file error 6190 and 816, directly speak to the team of experts through our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 .
What Exactly Triggers the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6190 and 816?
Cannot understand what triggers the company file error 6190 and 816 in QuickBooks? Gather info on the reasons by reading out the following points-
- You are using the outdated version of your QuickBooks Desktop, because of which the glitch occurs.
- If the network data and transaction log file have been damaged, there is a possibility of receiving such an error.
You may reas also : QuickBooks Payroll Error ps060
Solutions to Permanently Fix the Data File Error Message 6190 and 816
If you cannot find any ideal troubleshooting methods to resolve the glitch, then look into the steps we have explained below-
SOLUTION 1: Jump to the Newest Updated Version of your QuickBooks Desktop
- Ensure to quit the QuickBooks Desktop and then search for the application on the Windows screen.
- After that, right-click on the QB icon and opt for the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Now, you are required to access the No Company Open screen by holding the ‘Ctrl’ key and double-clicking on the QuickBooks icon.
- Next, in the following window, move to the ‘Help’ section and hit the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- In the further step, choose the ‘Options’ tab and click ‘Mark All’, ‘Save’.
- Shift to the ‘Update Now’ tab and checkmark the ‘Reset Updates’ checkbox.
- By hitting the ‘Get Updates’ button, you download all the available updates.
- Once done, exit the entire window and open QuickBooks again to install the downloaded updates.
- Finally, re-launch the computer device.
SOLUTION 2: Eliminate the Issue by Renaming the Transaction Log and Network Data File
- In the first step, you must navigate to the folder where the company file folder has been stored.
- Next, in the folder, search for two files from the list that consists of the .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Once you find both files, it’s time to rename them.
- Right-click on any one file and opt for the ‘Rename’ option.
- Change the name by adding the word ‘.old’ at the extreme end of the file name, and then press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard.
- Now, perform the same process for the other file.
- After you edit the names of all files, close the folder and then launch the QuickBooks program to open the data file.
If the QuickBooks error 6190 and 816 keeps bothering you even after applying these given solutions, we suggest immediately getting in touch with one of the experienced professionals of QuickBooks by dialing our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 .
You may read also : QuickBooks Error PS101