The most common issue that its users encounter is Brother printer Offline. It usually happens when the printer unit and the computer system are unable to connect or communicate with one another. Overloading or overheating of Printer devices can frequently result in the Printer being in an error state.
A Brother Printer in Error State can occur as a result of a low ink level, a paper jam, or outdated printer driver software. We have compiled a list of simple and dependable solutions to Brother Printer issues. Users can turn off their printer unit and then turn it back on after a few minutes. The primary solution to the Brother Printer offline fix problem is power cycling.
Steps To Fix Offline Printer Offline Brother Error
1. Ensure that Brother printer is set as Default
You may experience a Brother printer going offline problem if your printer is not set as a default. To make your printer the default, follow the instructions below.
1. Firstly, use the Windows search function to find the ‘Control panel.’
2. Secondly, select ‘Devices and Printers’ from the ‘Control Panel’ menu. In the display, the next printer list will appear.
3. Thirdly, Right-click on your Brother printer in the list of displayed printers and choose ‘Set as Default Printer.’
4. Restart your printer to see whether your offline issue has been repaired.
2. Make sure your printer isn’t jammed
Due to a paper jam, the majority of users reported that their Brother printer was in an error status. Users can clear the paper jam in their brother printer by following the methods outlined here.
1. Firstly, unplug the power wire from the switch and turn off the printer.
2. Secondly, examine the printer rollers for any paper jams.
3. Thirdly, check and see if there is any paper jammed in the printer’s back end.
4. Remove all of the paper trash from the back end.
5. Close the printer’s back end.
6. Connect the printer’s power connection to the power switch and turn it on.
7. Give the print command to test the printer.
3. Brother Printer Drivers Must Be Updated
Brother printer drivers that are corrupted or outdated may cause the printer to be in an error status. Users should follow the instructions below to update their printer drivers on a regular basis.
1. Firstly, select Device Manager from the Start menu.
2. Secondly, on the Device Manager screen, expand the print queue section.
3. Thirdly, under the print queue section, right-click on your brother printer’s name and choose Update driver from the context menu.
4. Select the option to automatically search for updated driver software.
5. The system will then discover and update the printer driver software for your system automatically.
6. This procedure could take a few minutes. An active internet connection is required to update Printer drivers. Users can also update their printers by going to the official Brother website.
4. The status of the printer has changed
It’s possible that the system set your printer’s status to Offline or Paused by default. Check if the User Printer Offline or Pause Printing choices have a check mark next to them when you right-click your printer’s icon. If they do, unchecked them one by one by clicking on each one.
5. Delete and restart the Print Spooler – If a print job
Is in Queue:
The print spooler services can be easily restarted to resolve the printer offline issue. Following are the steps to take:
1. Using Windows search or the run command, open the Service Windows.
2. From the service window, tap on ‘Print Spooler’ in the right-hand panel.
3. Select ‘Stop’ from the right-click menu for the ‘Print Spooler’ option.
4. Open File Explorer and navigate to the following location—or simply copy and paste the following text into the File Explorer address box and press Enter.
5. Type C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
6. Select all of the files in the printer folder and delete them.
7. Return to the ‘Print Spooler option, right-click it, and choose the ‘Start’ option to restart the spooler service.
8. Also, make sure that the spooler’s startup type is set to ‘Automatic.’
6. Activate the printer manually
The Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 error can be fixed manually by setting the printer online. Here’s how to get your Brother printer online.
- Firstly, From the Start screen, select Control Panel -> Devices and Printers.
- Secondly, from the available printers list, select the icon for your brother printer.
- Thirdly, you can access the Printer tab by clicking on the menu bar.
- From the context menu, select the option Use printer offline. This will bring the printer online from its offline state.
- Inspect the printer for an error.
The Brother Printer Offline error is a key barrier in the smooth transition of printing crucial papers, and it’s both necessary and simple to resolve. We hope that the strategies listed above are beneficial to you and that you are able to resolve your problem.