From repairing issues that prevents the company file from opening on the server or on the workstation to issues created because of firewall or antivirus restrictions, QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool resolves all of them in a few clicks. The connectivity tool for POS is developed by Intuit keeping in mind the needs of users dealing with connection issues while using QuickBooks Desktop POS in multi-user environment. Here in this blog we will be discussing all the reasons that cause interferences while running the POS connectivity wizard in QuickBooks Desktop. Preserve reading the blog until the end to understand all the troubleshooting stages you can use to select the errors fast.
You might find the troubleshooting complicated if you are not much familiar with Windows troubleshooting. If this is the case and you need the help of an expert, then dial 1.855.738.2784 for immediate help and assistance resolving the issue from certified QuickBooks experts
Some Common Reasons that Cause the QuickBooks POS Tool to Encounter Errors
Whenever QuickBooks Desktop or POS encounters an error, there could be several reasons behind it and down below we have compiled a list of all the reasons that might cause errors while using Connectivity tool for QuickBooks POS.
- Internet connection errors that disables QuickBooks Desktop to connect with the server or the internet.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a crucial component of QuickBooks that help create connection between server and the workstation in the network is either damaged or not running on the systems.
- Windows firewall or other security apps like antivirus or antimalware are preventing QuickBooks Desktop POS from connecting with the server computer.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Firewall Problem
Solution to Resolve QB POS Connectivity Tool Errors
Down below we have listed some of the sure shot solutions that works most of the time resolving errors using QuickBooks database connection tool.
Solution 1: Temporarily Turn-off Windows Security apps
- If you have installed a third-party antivirus or antimalware application, then open the app and from under the settings disable it.
- In case, if you are no security app is installed, then you need to disable Windows Defender from the Windows settings.
- Open Control Panel and go to the Windows Security Center.
- Open Windows Defender and from under the settings disable it.
- If the error is resolved following the steps, then add QuickBooks Desktop as an exception in the security application’s settings.
Solution 2: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard and open the Run dialogue box.
- Type Services.msc in the Run box and press Enter.
- Look for the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service.
- Right click the service and select Start.
- Once the service is restarted, try to run the QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool once again.
Hopefully, following the steps mentioned above you will be able to resolve the QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool on your own. In case if the issues are still bothering you, you can reach the direct support at 1.855.738.2784
Read also : QuickBooks Web Connector has stopped working”?