QuickBooks always amaze its users with advanced features and services. Along with that, there are also some technical glitches that surprise users while using the application. One of them is QuickBooks error 6147, which shows up when a QuickBooks user attempts to open a company file or backup file. The error often pops up on the screen with an error message, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file.” There are several reasons behind the error. Damaged company files and outdated QuickBooks Desktop are the prominent ones. Follow the next sections of the blog for causes and quick fixes to resolve QuickBooks Desktop error 6147.
Need technical assistance on QuickBooks error 6147? Call us on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430 and consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
What leads to QuickBooks Desktop error 6147?
Following are the major reasons that give rise to the error:
1. Your QuickBooks Desktop application is not updated to the latest release.
2. The name of your QuickBooks company file is too long.
3. Your company file is not saved to the original location.
4. QuickBooks configuration files that allow the program to access files over the network are damaged.
5. You are trying to restore the backup from the external drive.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 6150
Quick Ways to Eliminate QuickBooks company file error 6147
Solution 1. Get a new update of the QuickBooks program
1. If not closed, close all open company files and then QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Go to your Windows desktop and click the Windows Start menu.
3. Find QuickBooks among programs, right-click its desktop icon, and select Run as administrator.
4. When the No Company Open screen prompts, select the Help tab and then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
6. From the Options tab, click Mark All and then Save.
7. Click the Update Now button and select to mark the Reset Update checkbox.
8. Click Get Updates to download the update file, open QuickBooks, and install it.
Solution 2. Diagnose the error by running QuickBooks File Doctor
1. Close down QuickBooks, open your browser to download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
2. Save the downloaded setup file either to your Windows Desktop or to the Downloads folder.
3. Move to Downloads, locate and double-click to open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded.
4. Follow the instructions given on the screen to install the application and agree to the terms and conditions.
5. Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon, choose the Program Problems menu and click Quick Fix my Program.
6. Wait till Quick Fix my Program resolves program issues within QuickBooks.
7. Once it repairs the program, open QuickBooks and the company file.
Solution 3. Check and verify the location of the QuickBooks company file
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop, go to the Product Information window, and then to the File Information section.
2. View and navigate to the company file location.
3. Look for the company file with .qbw extension, right-click it and select the Open File Location.
4. Copy and paste the company file to the correct folder and then open QuickBooks.
These were the most reliable troubleshooting solutions to fix QuickBooks error 6147. We hope it helped you eliminate the issue. If you need more assistance to resolve it, call +1 800-579-9430 and speak to certified QuickBooks professionals.